Saturday, September 12, 2015

Day Two

"If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"- The Six Fingered Man from The Princess Bride


Ain't it the truth?  This is Day 2 of the Flu that Crept Up from the Sulphurous Depths of Hades.  And if I thought I was out of it yesterday, today tops that like a cherry on the Empire State.  (Which makes absolutely NO sense.  But it sounded good in my head.)

I actually got some school-related work done.  (It sounds so old fashioned to say "schoolwork".  Like I'm five, or something).  But I did.  I still haven't heard back about that APA paper I wrote, and I don't want to hear.  For a long time.

The truth is, I could happily go to bed and sleep for almost fifty hours.  But I can't because too many things are going on, and I have to stay up until certain people go to bed.  (Certain little  people).  All in all I feel mostly dead.  (Did you catch that second Princess Bride reference?  Didya? Huh?)

It also makes me wonder how much of this is actual cold and how much of it is the medicine I'm taking.  The fuzzy, cotton-headed feeling might actually go away if I stopped taking things for this mess, but then I wouldn't be able to breathe. It's a trade-off.  Think clearly, or live.

I choose life, people.

And with that, dear friends, I'm out of here.  The couch is calling my name.  So are my kids.  






No comments:

Post a Comment