Sunday, March 27, 2016

Today I went to visit my son and we had the best visit ever.  He was happy; he sat next to me or in my lap and we talked for almost an hour.

I have to say by far that this experience has been the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life.  There have been many other heartbreaking times, and perhaps it's only because the pain of those experiences has faded, but anything that involves your child generally takes the cake.  I would rather go through my parent's divorce all over again than deal with this.  Or have my first child all over again, which literally almost killed me.  Anything but this.  But here we are.

I am learning, however, through this situation, to be so grateful.  Today is Easter Sunday.  I am so thankful for my Savior, and for His atonement.  I'm thankful for a Heavenly Father who loved us all so much that He could let go of His only begotten son so He could do what needed to be done in order for us to return to Him. I really couldn't deal with this situation without Him.  Prayer is the rock I lean on.

Happy Easter, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment