Thursday, March 10, 2016

This morning I woke up feeling sort of "blah", but I'm the kind of person that doesn't really pay attention to that sort of thing until it knocks me on my bum.  Now here I am, after 9pm, and I am feeling the kind of exhaustion and achy-ness that you only get when your body is trying to flush itself down the toilet.

Stress can make you physically ill.  If you're constantly running back and forth, trying to fulfill an inhuman amount of obligations, and you're in the middle of a family crisis of sorts to boot, then you may just be doing yourself in.  I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine, who is a nurse, and she confirmed that yes, stress can cause many physical symptoms.  While my hair hasn't started falling out, I think it's time to dial it down a notch. (Yes, stress can make your hair fall out. No, mine really isn't.)

Since it's spring break at my university, and I'm caught up on everything, and the weather is supposed to be super stormy and rainy and cold (thank you, Texas), I think it will be good day to stay in.  Maybe sit down and make something.  Perhaps *gasp* waste time watching a movie with the kids.

Sometimes you have to give yourself permission to breathe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment