Wednesday, June 8, 2016

One Day

Image result for peacock 


When my husband and I first got married, we found this broken down little house in Fort Worth.  I instantly fell in love with it.  I don't know why I love old, broken things. I guess I imagine too much what they can be like when they're whole again.

But this house was perfect for a pair of newly-weds and we spent months making it exactly right.  We even put in a jetted tub.  (I miss that tub!!!)  I also miss that neighborhood.  It wasn't the best neighborhood; it was full of small, older homes. But the great thing about it was that it took us less than ten minutes to get to downtown Fort Worth and about the same amount of time to get to the Hulen area.  

There was an area, on the edge of the neighborhood, that had a lot of trees and a field, and a couple had bought a house on the edge of it and fixed it up in this really cute, Bohemian way.  One day, as I was driving home (in our black Toyota Celica, which I also miss terribly), I saw a peacock in that field with its feathers all spread out.  I was instantly in love.  

I'm not a huge bird lover, but this is my favorite bird, besides an owl.  I've looked into getting one, but they are very loud, very territorial, and they require a mate so that they won't fly away. They can also be aggressive and challenge their owners.  But I want one anyway.  I'm stubborn like that, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment