Monday, November 2, 2015

Throw Me The Whip, I'll Throw You a Deadline


(This image was created by Christopher Cahill Jones on dribbble.com)


Well, this morning I woke up and realized:  holy smokes, it's November 2.  That means the semester is more than halfway over, I have piles of projects and assignments to do, Thanksgiving is just around the corner and so is Christmas, and somebody just make it stop.

Seriously, when did things start going so darn fast?  When you're a kid, you feel like you have forever.  Then you get to this point in your life, and the game's afoot.

I feel like that gif up there.

But then I remind myself that I chose this.  And yesterday, for about five seconds, I stood in my living room and thought, "I wonder what it would be like to not have to go to school or work and just sit my bum at home and take leisurely walks if I want and cook fabulous dishes and decorate the house all day, and just take care of the kids..."

Because I used to do that. And I do miss it.

But then I thought, Nah.

I'm a firm believer in reaching for the stars.  Everyone on this earth has their own potential; few people choose to explore it and work for it.

As far as the great ball of deadlines, holidays, and other challenges this week...I've got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment