Monday, July 11, 2011

There Was Some Confusion

Okay, when I wrote the blog "What Family and Friends Can Do"  I had a couple of friends who really took that to heart and thought they must have done something to offend me or my family.  So, this is my disclaimer stating the following:  While I did encounter some of the things I wrote about in that particular post, the post itself was not written to target a specific individual, and it was not written in order to "call someone out".  I really meant what I said at the very end of it:  my family has been blessed with a lot of wonderful people in our lives, relatives and friends alike, who understand our son and what his unique challenges are.  And we also understand that some people we encounter, like a clerk at a store, for instance, or just some random person, may see Logan's behavior and be utterly confused by it. So, to any family or friends that thought that post was written specifically for them...I apologize if you were offended or worried that I was referring to you.

In reference to the post "Operation OILHIT"...we never got that operation of the ground.  It would have been ideal, to put Logan in a giant hollow inflatable thingy, but it was, in fact, very cumbersome, and we didn't have the required air pump to accomplish such a task.  So, we took it back to the store and are hoping to replace it with something a little more practical soon.

In reference to the most recent post, which was a poem about something in our chimney:  There IS something in our chimney, and we really DON'T know what it is.  Our oldest son has been playing "Billy the Exterminator" and has been poking a giant stick up the shaft of the chimney.  Whatever is up there gets really mad and really loud.  I finally asked him to leave it alone, lest we be beset by a gaggle of angry geckos or a herd of rabid chinchillas.  (The latter, Nathan has informed me, is impossible, since chinchillas are found in the mountains. But ya never know!  They could be a special breed of hairless chinchillas found only in Texas!)

I hope this clears up any confusion or questions, and again, we appreciate everything our family and friends do for us, each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment