Wednesday, June 8, 2011

L'art Du Deplacement

It must be summer. I have a sunburn.

We went to a local park today, because the kids wanted to go fishing and Logan wanted to play on the splash pad they have there.

Well, something is wrong with the splash pad and it comes on for two minutes and then stays off for fifteen. (I timed it.) But, I have to tell you, those were the most exhilarating two minutes of Logan's day!  Ever!  And I noticed something as I watched him running around amid all the sprinklers and twirly thingies...Logan doesn't just walk or run somewhere.  He leaps.  He skips.  He jumps.  He crouches.  If he did have a "power" (see my very first post), then I think it would be parkour.  Parkour.  L'art de deplacement. The art of movement.  There is something elegant about the way he runs and jumps and "overcomes any obstacle in his path" as wikipedia describes it.

The way that he jumps and climbs, my husband has seriously thought about installing a climbing wall in our house.  I can just hear it now:  I can't finish dinner, honey, I have to belay the children.  One moment.


It's actually a good idea, all things considered, and probably more legal than the Wall of Velcro.

No comments:

Post a Comment