Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I am Iron Woman

Today, I tried something new.  I needed to eat breakfast and we also need to go to the store, so all I could find was a packet of plain oatmeal.  I am fine with oatmeal but plain is...kind of plain.  Sort of like glue.  Anyhow, instead of cooking it like that I also put a packet of hot cocoa mix in with it.  I know, it sounds gross!  But, it turned out tasty!  I just might do that again.  Sometime.

Having the kids at home all summer is great.  It really is, because I miss them and worry about them when they're at school.  But...it can also drive you crazy.  You clean the house and then the next day it's right back to where it was.  The dishwasher is broken, so you do the dishes and then as soon as they're done, someone puts another dirty plate or cup in the sink.  They come to you and complain that they're bored and expect you to entertain them.  And then there is Logan, when he gets bored.

It's not very fun when Logan gets bored, because then he finds ways to amuse himself.  Such as:  jumping off the furniture, flinging water at the ceiling, harassing his sister, and then, of course, there are the hoses.

This is something new that he has started doing.  He has several vacuum cleaners and also a lot of vacuum components (for building them).  He has three or four vacuum hoses, and he has started taking a couple in each hand and smacking the floor with them over and over.  He looks like Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) off of Iron Man 2.  Remember that scene, where Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr) is in Monaco, and he's racing on the track, and Ivan Vanko appears with his electrical whip thingies that can slice through metal?  That's my son.  Whipping those vacuum hoses around and smacking the floor.  All he needs is a Russian accent:  Motherrr, I am verey boored.  If voo do not entairtain me, I veel vreak havoc on dees house!


I find the thought very endearing.  In the meantime, I think I will be hiding his weapons of mass destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment