Tuesday, June 28, 2011

He-Man or Superman?

I think I mentioned this in an earlier blog.  When we took Logan to be diagnosed, we were given a questionnaire. One of the questions was, "Does your child appear to be stronger than the average child?"  And of course, we answered, Yes.

Logan was and still is very strong for his age.  He is small for a seven year old, but wrestling with him is like wrestling with approximately fifty pounds of pure muscle that wiggles all over the place and puts up maximum resistance.  He can move every-and I do mean EVERY-piece of furniture in our house.  If I need him to come with me somewhere, and he doesn't want to go, he will sit on the floor.  I can barely lift him.  We have a heavy, carved wooden bench in our front room.  Once, during a temper tantrum, he picked up the end of it and banged it up and down on the floor over and over.  So, we have these issues.

Anyhow, yesterday he and I went over to my brother's house to pick up a ladder.  I had big plans to get rid of more of that popcorn stuff on our ceiling.  (I really hate that stuff.) Anyway, we got home and the ladder was heavy and awkward.  I sent Logan into the house and carried the ladder inside and set it down in our front room, then left the room to get some more supplies.  When I came back in the room he had set the ladder upright and unfolded it.  I was gone less than five minutes.  I thanked him for his help, of course.

While I was up there, scraping some of that popcorn off, I noticed that the vent that was high up on the wall was closed!  No wonder that room keeps getting so stuffy!  And this is a room with a high ceiling.  You do have to climb to the very top of a very tall ladder to even reach the ceiling.  So.  I told my husband about this and he was very confused.  "The vent was closed?  It wasn't always like that.  Hmm.  I wonder who was up there?"

Who was up there, indeed?  Perhaps I should be sewing a cape.  Size seven. Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment