Friday, June 3, 2011

The First Day of the Rest of the Summer

Miles to go before I sleep.  Miles.

It started out this way, "Mama, I found this in belly button."  "Mama, can I go in the front yard?"  "Mama, where is Fang?"  (Fang is one of our two shih-tzus).  "Mama, can so and so come over?"  "Therapy is dead.  School is dead."  "Logan hit me."  "Eek-eek-shriek!"  "Stop hitting me, Logan!"  "It's time to go!"  "I forgot your lunch."  This was all before 730am.

Dropped the kids off at school.  Picked up our extra kid and dropped her off at her school.  Came home.  Fed Logan.  Took him to therapy. Therapy is one hour away in a different town and lasts for two hours.  Brought him back to school. Received a phone call from my oldest son.  "Mama!?  Where is my lunch?"  "I dropped it off in the office."  "They gave it to Sarah."  "Did she eat it?"  "I don't know, they gave it to her!"  "Get a tray."  "*sigh* Fine!"    Picked everyone up at 130 (early release, last day of school).  Was horrified but not surprised to see that Logan had kicked the van door so hard that the vinyl is now falling off of it.  Went home and Googled "autism and car seats" (I am tired of having him slam his feet into the back of my chair.  I literally cannot breathe.)  Found a lovely car seat with feet restraints for a measly 795.00.  Does anyone want to buy a house?

Went outside to get the mail just as the postman was pulling up.  Asked him if I could come with him.  Explained it was the last day of school and that I could just climb into the mail truck and I didn't care where we went.  Was rewarded with a chuckle and vaguely uncomfortable grin.  Gave up and came back in the house.

Today is the first day of the rest of the summer.

"Mama, can I come over?  Mama, can I take a nap at your house while the grandkids play?  Mama, where is my lunch? Mama, mother, mommeeee!"


*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment