Friday, October 2, 2015

The Conservatory



I went to get my hair cut today and on the way home decided to stop at the Botanical Gardens in Fort Worth.  I haven't been there in years.  I think the last time I went there was for a friend's wedding over twenty years ago!

Anyhow, everything was vaguely familiar, until I went inside the main building and saw that there was a conservatory.  I had no memory of this.  You have to pay a couple of bucks to go inside it, but if you love plants and gardening, it's well worth it.

The conservatory is like a giant rainforest.  The air is very humid and there is water everywhere.  There are ponds and waterfalls incorporated into the landscape and some plants, like the one in my picture, are at least two stories tall.

I could have stayed in there forever.  I'm not joking.  It was amazing and peaceful and beautiful.

I had the chance to wander around the grounds as well, and that was gorgeous too, but since I was short on time I didn't get to explore as much as I would have liked.

Sometimes unexpected detours are the best trips of all.  If you have a chance to visit the conservatory, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment