Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkins and Spice and Everything Nice

I took my 3 year old for a walk today.  And ohmygosh. The weather.  So perfect.  

This is my absolute favorite time of year!  I love things that smell good, and to me, fall smells good.  And it sounds good.  The wind blowing against windows.  Rain on the roof.  Leaves crunching under my feet.  There isn't anything not to like.

Fall is the perfect weather for hunting through old cemeteries for that perfect photograph (sounds morbid, I know, but to me, ancient tombstones are historical relics, and should be respected and memorialized).  It's the time of year when I can feel my spirit lifting, in spite of gray skies and chilly evenings...both of which I love.  It's the perfect time of year to throw a soup in the slow cooker, or some chili (with chickpeas...for texture...) and for revisiting Marystown, once again.

What is Marystown, do you ask?  Well...it's this little Texas town, and strange things happen there.  It's become a tradition to write about it once a year...and this year, I think darkness is hovering in a grocery store parking lot...

More to come, dear readers.  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment