Thursday, May 26, 2016

Oh, the Irony.






I find it ironic that the day after I made a post about needing to live forever, I got admitted to the hospital with a serious infection and got to stay there for the next three days.

In a nutshell, because people have been asking and also because I'm not one for gory details, I had a bump on my jawline that I thought was a bug bite or something.  It wasn't.  It swelled up to painful proportions, I went to the ER on Sunday morning, they tried to fix it and couldn't and sent me home with apologies and a band aid.  A few hours later I spiked a fever and had chills.  And went back to the ER only to get admitted for "IV antibiotics".

I am much better today than when I went in there, but I am told that I must take it easy and rest until I am completely over this.

I would love to say that while I was in the hospital, as I lay in the single bed looking at the clouds float by, I had time to contemplate life and realized what was truly important.

But I can't say that because I spent most of the time doped on Morphine or Tylenol 3, too tired to read a book and too sick to care about anything else.  I looked like hell and I have to hand it to my friend Kristy who gave me her biggest smile and said "You look fine!" with the enthusiasm of an auctioneer trying to sell off grandma's dime store china.  I love her.  This is one of the reasons why.

The other thing I did while I was there was worry.  Would Logan behave himself while I was gone?  What were the kids eating?  Is the house a wreck?  Did the dogs get to go outside or is there a special place on our floor now covered with doggie piss?  Did our four year old eat dinner?  Who gave her a bath?  The list was endless.

I really needn't have worried.  My husband took the time off work we would have used for a vacation and took care of EVERYTHING.  The kids were fed. They behaved themselves.  They got to and from school.  The house was clean.  The dogs were still alive.  When I got home, nothing was amiss.  A friend and also some family members came through with meals for everyone to eat.  We were taken care of, and my husband took care of everything else.

Which tells me that if I needed to realize anything, it's that I worry too much, and due to the outpouring of love and concern I received while I was in there, I am much more loved than I thought I was.

I am truly blessed to have amazing friends, and amazing family members.  I love you all.





No comments:

Post a Comment