Saturday, December 26, 2015

When people find out that I have a birthday on Christmas Day, they always give me the same response:

Oh, wow.  I am so sorry. That must suck for you.

But it really doesn't.  I love having my birthday on Christmas.  I love that the world is decorated and people are singing and everyone (well, almost everyone) is in a good mood.  It does not suck to have a birthday on that day.  It's all a matter of perspective.

That being said, I had a hard time getting into Christmas this year, just because it was warm enough to go tubing at our favorite swimming hole.  We didn't do this, but I sure thought about it.  A trip down the Paluxy in an inner tube is one of the nicest things ever.  But, we tried to make it Christmas-y.  We opened presents.  We gorged ourselves on holiday food and treats, which are all still overflowing from our refrigerator and cookie jar.  We went out to eat and saw the new Star Wars movie.  NO SPOILERS HERE, so relax.  But I do want to see it again...like, fifty times.

The point is, we're blessed. And I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment