Wednesday, December 23, 2015



Christmas is two days away and I am finally excited!!  I was in a horrible mood at the beginning of the holiday season, but after thinking about it, I realized that sometimes it just takes time to stabilize yourself and shake things off. Taking five classes this last semester was probably not a good idea.  We were also hit with some unexpected events, like having to re-evaluate our son's medication.  My job is also stressful.  People look at realtors and think, What's the big deal?  You just sell a house.  But there's really more to it than that.  We do have to take classes to get certified to do this in the first place, and we have to keep taking them to keep our licenses current.  We have to keep up with changing laws and regulations.  Show twenty houses and then deal with a buyer who decides "now is not the right time".  File paperwork with title companies.  Negotiate contracts.  The list goes on.  Forever. So I won't bore you with any more details.

What I do know is that this holiday season has given me the opportunity to slow down and really appreciate little things, like the fact that we are having 70+ degree weather so my son can play in the water outside. Gratitude can bring you so much farther than resentment.


No comments:

Post a Comment