Thursday, August 6, 2015

This is My Circus, and These Are My Monkeys.



The circus is coming to town.

No, seriously, it is.  That's not a metaphor for something else.  Barnum and Bailey is opening in DFW next weekend.  I really, really wanted to go.  My parents used to take me to the Shriners' Circus when I was a kid.  I LOVED it.  Seeing people fly through the air.  The floor, sticky with popcorn and candy and stuff.  Glow in the dark thingies that you can twirl through the air.  Clowns running around, freaking people out, making them laugh out of sheer don't-touch-me-I-have-a-phobia nervousness.  Animals doing tricks for food.  Ringmasters controlling the animals in order not get trampled, eaten, or gored.  The roar of the crowd. Bodies jumping up and down on trampolines...

Oh.

Wait.

Why the heck would I pay for something I can experience from the comfort of my own home?

Seriously.  Tickets at the door, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment