Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Pressure

I rarely get sick.  And I hardly ever have an allergic reaction to anything.  Yesterday, while showing some land, I tromped through some woods in a pair of slides, and I'm pretty sure I wandered through many batches of poison oak and poison ivy.  But I don't have anything to show for it.

But something in the air got me stirred up today and yesterday and I was miserable.  I have a really loud sneeze...it's so loud that my 11 year old laughs and imitates it and electronic toys in the house reply when it happens.  It's embarrassing, but I can't really do much about it.  I realize, of course, that these are first world problems.  It could always be worse. I could have a Guinea worm (Google it.  It's gross.)  Or Westboro Baptist could be picketing my house.  (Which might actually get really interesting..I don't think my neighbors would stand by passively while this happened...)  Whatever it is that is causing my nose to feel like it's been stuffed with a pair of sandbags, it can leave anytime.  And don't let the door hit ya in the butt on the way out...


No comments:

Post a Comment