Friday, August 14, 2015

And a Good Time Was Had By All



The hoops that you have to jump through in order to get your autistic child the medication they need are ridiculous.

Logan ran out of his medication a day and a half ago.  The pharmacy told me that the doctor's office didn't submit the refill correctly. The doctor's office said we would have to come in for a well-check before they would refill it.  So we went in for a well-check today.

While we were there, the nurse said that Logan was due for his 11 year vaccinations.  *sigh*  So, as soon as the needle touched his arm, he jumped, and almost broke the needle.  I had to hold him in my lap, restrain his arms, and wrap my leg around his legs and hold on as tight as I could while they gave him the shots.  (Yeah, it was necessary.  He's almost as big as I am and nearly as strong.  No.  You cannot sweet-talk him into getting a shot.  That's like asking a bull to tiptoe through a china shop).

Now, for those of you frowning because I took my child in for vaccinations:

HE ALREADY HAS AUTISM.  I DON'T THINK HE CAN GET IT AGAIN.

(And this, really, is a moot point, since vaccines don't cause this.)

But wouldn't it be funny if his autism went AWAY after this?  I can just see the headline now (probably gracing the front pages of the Onion):

Texas Woman Claims Son's Autism Cured By Vaccinations

Suddenly, everyone would be rushing out to get their kid vaccinated.  Whooping cough would once again disappear from our border cities.  Measles would no longer make an appearance at Disney.   Amazing.

At the very least, he got a lollipop out of the deal.




No comments:

Post a Comment