Friday, February 27, 2015

Today I Learned




This past week here in Texas has been one of the coldest weeks we've had in a long time.  I remember when I was a kid, it snowed a lot.  Or it seemed to.  Then we had this long stretch of time (like two hundred years?) when it didn't snow that much.  Well, it has snowed at least twice this past week, and today it stuck all over the place.

So, it was lovely snow.  Fine, powdery stuff that would make the best kind of snowman.  And I learned something important about myself.

I really, really, really hate being cold.

You just now figured that out?  you ask.

Well, when you live in Texas, it doesn't really get COLD.  We have ice days.  We have days that are cold.  But not liquid nitrogen breathe it and you're dead kind of cold.

Today was one of those days.

I've thought about not coming out of my house until June.

But Vitamin E is kind of important.

Here's to pasty skin and red noses.

And the best excuse in the world to sit in your house and OD on hot chocolate and Netflix.


No comments:

Post a Comment