Friday, February 20, 2015

The Best Cure



Recently on Facebook I posted a meme about how a "Capricorn will work non-stop without a break, then crash from exhaustion, and go back to doing the same thing like nothing happened."  I was surprised at the number of people who piped up and said, "This is so me!"

Well, what I do know is that it's me.  I was almost to the point of thinking that maybe, perhaps, there was room in my life for slowing down, just a little tiny bit...but no.  I think that would be a mistake.  The best cure for anything, be it boredom, anger, depression, or heartbreak, is to work.  And by work I mean that you keep yourself so damn busy that you don't have time to reflect or dwell on anything that might be dogging your brain or your heart.  And if you're not working you should be doing. There's always going to be someone who needs more than you, who's hurting more than you, or who is more overwhelmed than you.  If you turn your focus outward instead of inward, then you've fought half the battle already.

Now I'm going to go, I have two papers to write.  Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment