Sunday, September 11, 2016

Moving Day

Today is Logan's moving day.

We have mixed emotions about it.  Last night I tucked him in for what I knew would be the last time for a long, long time.  I reassured him that yes, tomorrow he was going to be moving into a group home.  This morning, he crawled into bed with me and snuggled up to me like he used to do when he was smaller.  I think he was trying to reassure me.

The thing is, he wants to go there.  That's what I haven't told a lot of people.  He wants something different, and he knows that he needs it.  He has told me repeatedly that he is not going to live with me anymore.  This morning he made it very clear that he wants us to visit him.  This is not a case of us throwing an innocent, child-like person into the middle of a chaotic situation.  Logan has been as much a part of this decision as the rest of us.

Throughout this entire situation, the constant has been Heavenly Father.  His hand is in my son's life; I have seen it repeatedly.  At this stage, hours before we are set to pack up the car and drive to Fort Worth with him and all his belongings, I feel peace.  I know that this is part of the plan for Logan's life, and I know that Heavenly Father still has much in store for him and for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment