Thursday, September 29, 2016

A very dear friend of my family passed away today.

I guess I am still in shock, or a little numb, because it doesn't really seem real.

Tragedy rarely announces itself before it walks in the door.

I was named after this dear lady. She was a one of a kind, inspiring, funny, generous, loving, super-intelligent and good to the bone person.  I can't believe she's gone.

I have a different view of death than some people...I really do think it's like turning a page, or opening a door to something else, or moving on the next thing. To me it's a continuation.

But damn, it's hard when it's someone you've known for this long and love.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family, her friends, and her colleagues.  There's an empty space, and her shoes can't be filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment