Monday, July 27, 2015

Wildly Accurate



I'm not into the whole zodiac thing.  If I have an aura, it's probably neon.  I don't believe rocks can heal people, but I love geology, and I think that if someone believes something hard enough, it can have a profound effect upon their lives, for good or ill.  The brain is a very strange thing, and it's capable of accomplishing more for you than a book of spells or a geode from the lost mines of Peru.

Every now and then, though, I run across one of these Capricorn memes, and for the most part, they're wildly accurate. Especially number one and two for this one.  I've never liked negative or critical people.  If it's serving a purpose or helping someone improve, then sure.  But.  If you're the type of person that just complains, all the time, because you've got your mud-colored glasses on, then I will distance myself from you without apologies.

Number 2 is something that I find incredibly annoying.  I've met a few people like this.  I've even been related to one at one point.  People who think they are all that and then some, people who just know that if the world would only wake up, it would bow down and kiss their feet.  I've got news for you, if you're one of these people:  The world doesn't owe you jack.  Why does this kind of behavior annoy me so much?  I guess it has to do with the sense of entitlement.  The notion that these people have that they are owed some sort of recognition or admiration, when they did nothing to earn it in the first place.  Oh.  You think you should have that just because of who you are?  Well, I think I should have a mini-Cooper and a kitchen remodel because I'm cute and I deserve it, but I don't see either one of those things here.

The other reason it annoys me is because it's not real. People can get caught up in thinking too much about what they think they should have, whether it's respect, recognition, love, or a new motorcycle, and allow that to shroud reality.  When you focus on what you think you're owed and bemoan the fact that you don't have those things, you're not really paying attention to what actually exists.  And that can be a very dangerous thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment