Monday, June 22, 2015

Get Some Help

I didn't post a picture with this entry, because any picture I could find would probably be too graphic.

For the second time this month, I saw a news article about a dog (in this case it was a two month old puppy) that had a rubber band wrapped around its muzzle and had to be rushed to a hospital for emergency care.  The picture was horrifying.  It wasn't something that I went looking for.  It popped up on my news feed on Facebook, and I found myself getting really angry.  This came a couple of weeks after the story on the female pit bull puppy who was found with duct tape around her muzzle.  She also needed specialized care and is now, finally, eating and recovering.

I'm not a crazy animal rights activist.  I'm not extreme.  But I have zero tolerance or patience for people who abuse animals, children, those with disabilities, or anyone else who is in some way helpless to stop what is being done to them.  There seems to be some sort of disconnect with people who engage in these types of acts.  They think it's funny, or they're on some kind of power trip.

Listen, it's not funny.  It's not attractive, and it doesn't make you more of a man (or woman).  If you do this, you are sick.  Period.  You need help.





No comments:

Post a Comment