Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!



It's New Year's Eve and I've just ordered a pizza.  Two of my four kids are at a relative's house, the other two have started the countdown to bedtime.  It may not sound glamorous but I can only sit here and appreciate how blessed I am.

I'll finish my associate's degree this year.  I'll sell houses and travel.  I'll write the second draft of a novel and cook lots of delicious meals and see movies and plays and have the time of my life.

Because that's the secret.  I've discovered this in the last, I don't know, week?  The best way to enjoy life is to travel lightly.  I let go of a lot of baggage and worries that were weighing me down...that had weighed me down...for years, and I feel so much better.  Lighter.  The secret to life is to enjoy it.  Every minute, every second, because they all count.  Bad times may come, but better times are ahead.  I've been blessed with fabulous friends, old and new, and a wonderful family.  I can't wait to get started on 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment